Testimony: A Musician’s Story – Da’ T.R.U.T.H. – Part 1
Testimony: A Musician’s Story is an audio-biography series that features various Christian artists. It tells their story through interviews and their music. It’s hosted by our friend Gaelika Brown aka Brown Theory.
Get to know the multi-award winning and international rap star Da’ T.R.U.T.H., in this in-depth look at his life. Da’ T.R.U.T.H. speaks openly about his childhood, his career, and his public struggle with infidelity.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/144881782″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
In this Episode, Brown Theory speaks with Da’ T.R.U.T.H. about:
- [2:08] – Growing up in a Christian home
- [2:43] – Truth speaks about being conflicted as a child and wanting to fit in while playing “Catch a girl, freak a girl”
- [6:22] – How he discovered rap music and thought Christian rap was cheesy
- [8:25] – Why he chose the stage name, Da’ T.R.U.T.H.
- [10:16] – Singing with Cross Movement Records
- [11:53] – What attracted him to his wife Nicole
- [14:24] – Not being into awards
- [17:18] – His first experience at the Grammys and the after-party that felt like Babylon
- [22:01] – Why he thinks he cheated on his wife, and his fear for artist to become successful
Brown Theory’s Contact info: