On Friday, June 3rd the city of Houston released an adopted son to go live alongside and serve the citizens of South Florida.
Ronnie Lillard came to H-town to play football for the prestigious Rice University and left an urban missionary dubbed “Reconcile.”
On this night, roughly 100 fans packed into the Allure Lounge (ticket sales at a previously scheduled venue exceeded capacity) to show their support for his new mission and enjoy one last opportunity to see him perform as a Houstonian.
- The evening’s host, Byran Rideau, recalled the story of how he asked to become Reconcile’s drummer after months of secret practice in preparation for the role.
- Reconcile’s pastor, PT Ngwolo, told the audience he remembered Lillard recording gospel rap in his dorm room as part of a group effort also called “Reconcile.” PT said he could tell the start that the man “went hard” in both his music and message.
- Before Pyexx performed he gave thanks to Reconcile for sharing his talent as a videographer to shoot his music video for the song “One.”
- Other hip hop figures who performed or were in attendance that night include: Corey Paul, Bizzle, Alex Faith, GS, Lavoisier Cornerstone, Tony Ri’chard, AJ McQueen, Joshua Dillard, J Lyric, Mz H-town, and former Frontline Movement photographer Rosie Chapa.
- The evening ended with the entire crowd being invited to come to the stage to lay hands on and pray for Reconcile’s new commission.
To learn more about and financially support Reconcile’s new role in Miami visit this GoFundMe page.