The 44th Annual Dove Awards announced its nominees on Wednesday. Three of the four albums (Gravity, Heroes for Sale and The Good Life) that Reach Records released within the Dove Award’s time frame (Nov. 1, 2011 – April 2013) are nominated for at least one award.
Lecrae was also nominated for “Artist of the Year” for the second year in row, this time alongside Chris Tomlin, Tamela Mann and TobyMac. Besides being nominated for “Artist of the Year,” Lecrae’s collaboration with Mali Music, “Tell The World,” was nominated for “Rap/Hip Hop Song of the Year,” while his album Gravity, was nominated for “Album of the Year.”
Andy Mineo was nominated twice, one for his album “Heroes for Sale” as well as for his song “Caught Dreaming” off of Heroes for Sale. Trip Lee was nominated three times. His collaboration with Lecrae, “I’m Good,” as well as his feature on Da T.R.U.T.H.’s song “Hope” were nominated in the “Rap/Hip Hop Song of the Year” category. His latest album, The Good Life was also nominated for “Album of the Year.”
KJ-52 and Group 1 Crew were also nominated for awards.
The award show will take place Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013 in Nashville, Tenn. at the Allen Arena. It will air live beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET on the UP Network.
Artist of the Year
– Chris Tomlin, sixstepsrecords
– Francesca Battistelli, Word Label Group
– Lecrae, Reach Records
– Tamela Mann, TillyMann
– TobyMac, ForeFront Records
Rap / Hip Hop Song of the Year
– “Caught Dreaming”, Andy Mineo (feat. for King & Country), (writers) Andy Mineo, Joel Smallbone, Luke Smallbone, Jeremy S.H. Griﬃth, Courtney “J.R.” Peebles
– “Dangerous”, Group1Crew, (writers) Manwell Reyes, Blanca Callahan, Chuck Butler, Tony Wood
– “Hope”, Da T.R.U.T.H (feat. Flame & Trip Lee), (writers) E. Lambert, M. Gray, W. Bareﬁeld
– “I’m Good”, Trip Lee (feat. Lecrae), (writers) William L. Bareﬁeld III, Lecrae Moore, Carl Justin Luzi
– “Tell The World”, Lecrae feat. Mali Music, (writers) Lecrae Moore, Kortney Pollard, Torrance “Street Symphony” Esmond, Charles Dunlap, Lincoln Morris
Rap / Hip Hop Album of the Year
– Dangerous – KJ-52, (producers) KJ-52, Aaron Sprinkle, Tedd T., Elvin Shahbazian
– Fighter – Manafest, (producers) Adam Messinger, Seth Mosley, Josh Macintosh
– Gravity – Lecrae, (producers) Heat Academy, Joseph Prielozny, J.R., The Watchmen, Dru Castro, Uford Ebong, Tyshane,
Thainnacircle, DJ Khalil, Zach Crowell, Dirty Rice, DJ Oﬃcial, Rudy Currence
– Heroes For Sale – Andy Mineo, (producers) Joseph Prielozny, Dirty Rice, J.R., Gawvi, Groc, Jeremy S.H. Griﬃth, Andy Mineo, J.R., Alex Medina, D-Flow, 808, Elite, Tyshane, Thainnacircle, Skrip, TheBridge, Heat Academy, Chris “Morganism” Morgan
– The Good Life – Trip Lee, (producers) G-Styles, Dirty Rice, CJ Luzi, Alex Medina, Dirty Rice, Andre Atkinson, Mark Mims, Maurice Tonia, Joseph Prielozny, Ndelible, Tony “Stone” Shepherd