Propaganda and DJ Wade-O discuss Prop’s new album Crimson Cord, the evolution of his artistry and Tunnel Rats vs. Cross Movement.
In our interview, we spoke with Propaganda about:
- [1:46] – The concept of Crimson Cord.
- [3:20] – Seeing God’s hand on his life and becoming a Christian
- [6:16] – How is background influenced his new song “Daywalkers” featuring Lecrae
- [8:28] – The sound of Crimson Cord and what he does well as an artist
- [11:00] – His dominant expression: Rapping or Poetry
- [12:45] – How Propaganda views himself in the context of other poets and spoken word artists
- [15:48] – The open mic hip hop and poetry scenes in 2014
- [20:00] – His verse on Chad Jones’ “Problem” song and why he wasn’t in the music video
- [22:00] – How far outside of his comfort zone he’ll go musically
- [23:30] – The Cross Movement/ Tunnel Rats disagreements and G. Craige Lewis
- [29:00] – Beautiful Eulogy and Propaganda’s respective shift in their musical content
- [33:45] – Balancing/ stewarding travel and family time