GRAMMY-Award winning rapper and Reach Records honcho Lecrae pulled a Beyonce when he released the third installment of his Church Clothes mixtape via Apple Music late Thursday night.
Church Clothes 3 dropped without any prior promo announcements and caught CHH by surprise with its release. Lecrae has not released new music since his September 2014 Anomaly album.
The mixtape is executive produced by S1, with additional production credits to Black Knight, Epikh, and others. The project includes features from legendary west coast rapper E-40, KB, N’Dambi, Propaganda, JGivens, John Givez, and Jackie Hill-Perry.
Fans and artists alike were shocked and excited by the release.
— Lecrae (@lecrae) January 15, 2016
I might not have won the powerball but Lecrae did release Church Clothes 3 so who’s the real winner?
— Melanie Pieper (@1LecraeFan) January 15, 2016
Church Clothes was first released in 2012 and Church Clothes 2 was released in 2013 . Both of the mixtapes were hosted by DJ Don Cannon.
Stream on Spotify:
1. Freedom (feat. N’Dambi) [prod. by S1, co-prod. by Epikh Pro & VohnBeatz]
2. Gangland (feat. Propaganda) [prod. by S1/co-prod. by Shindo]
3. Deja Vu (prod. by S1)
4. Sidelines (prod. by Mykalife and Ryan Righteous)
5. Cruising (prod. by S1/ co-prod. by Epikh)
6. It Is What It Is (prod. by S1/co-prod. by Epikh)
7. Can’t Do You (feat. E-40) [prod. by Black Knight]
8. Forever (prod. by S1)
9. Misconceptions 3 (feat. John Givez, JGivens & Jackie Hill-Perry) [prod. by S1]
10. I Wouldn’t Know (feat. KB) [prod. by GAWVI]