Xist Music has built one of the most diverse rosters in Christian Hip Hop Music scene. Starting with CEO, Sean Simmonds, and then adding veterans Da T.R.U.T.H. and The Ambassador in 2010. The indy label has also added Yaves, Jahaziel, Andale and NF during the past 18 months.
In part 2 of our 2-part interview with the label’s Co-Founder Sean Simmonds, we spoke to him about some of the upcoming Xist Projects and where he sees the label headed.
You can stream or download the interview below:
In Part 2, we spoke with Sean about:
- (1:03) – What Xist Music looks for in new artists
- (3:02) – Xist’s mold is Def Jam music
- (4:26) – MOVE Tour Recap
- (6:46) – Why every Xist artist didn’t go on the MOVE Tour
- (9:09) – The Making of the MOVE Vol. 1 Compilation
- (11:54) – Upcoming Xist Music Releases
- (13:10) – The Importance of reading the Bible
- (15:46) – The Bible’s Influence on his music
- (16:58) – Why he doesn’t P. Diddy all of his artist