D-Maub ‘The Missing Peace’ Full Interview
Tune in as DJ Wade-O talks with D-Maub about his new album “The Missing Peace“, the skin condition that made him want to kill himself, the making of the “I’m Me” Music video and much more.
– On What has Changed in CHH Over the Years: “For one, I’ve seen a lot more doors being open. When I first started, churches [weren’t] even letting us in. Now its good to see churches is calling for us.”
– On unity in Christian Hip Hop: “Cats is starting to drop the titles and the things that [don’t] discard you from being my brother or sister….if cats [are] dropping [they’re] rags for the sake of money. Can’t we come together for the sake of souls?”
– On His new album, The Missing Peace: “Sometimes we stress about bills. And we stress and we worry. And we worry because we don’t have the peace of God. Every song on the album is because I have the Peace of God in that area.”
– On His Skin Condition: That was one of the toughest things I have ever gone thru. Never have I wanted to die. Ever. Until then.”
– On the symptoms of his skin condition: “It go so bad that when I woke up in the morning, I couldn’t open my mouth. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t open my eyes bro!”
– On the emotional impact of his skin condition: “I had so many emotions. I felt like I was less than a man.”
– On What Defines success for him: “Success is accomplishing a goal. Simple as that….My initial goal for doing Christian Hip Hop Music [was] to either introduce someone to the Lord or re-establish or encourage someone in the Lord.”
– On Christians doing music or business without the goal of evangelizing: “If I wanted to start a clothing line and I just wanted to make socks, do they have to have scriptures on them?”
You can stream or download the interview below:
In our interview, we spoke with D-Maub about:
– (1:59) – What has changed in CHH over the Years and Unity in the Body
– (4:28) – The Concept behind “The Missing Peace”
– (7:00) – Wanting to die when D-Maub was dealing with his skin condition.
– (11:56) – D-Maub’s turning point in dealing with the skin condition
– (16:51) – The Physical Healing of D-Maub’s skin condition
– (19:38) – What Success Looks like for D-Maub
– (23:25) – Can a Christian just make music and God be cool with that?
– (30:49) – The Making of D-Maub’s “I’m Me” Music Video
– (37:56) – Books that Have Blessed D-Maub
– (40:33) – What’s next for One Route Entertainment
– (43:05) – D-Maub’s Contact Information