Tune in as DJ Wade-O talks with D-Maub about his new album “The Missing Peace“, the skin condition that made him want to kill himself, the making of the “I’m Me” Music video and much more.
- On What has Changed in CHH Over the Years: “For one, I’ve seen a lot more doors being open. When I first started, churches [weren't] even letting us in. Now its good to see churches is calling for us.”
- On unity in Christian Hip Hop: “Cats is starting to drop the titles and the things that [don't] discard you from being my brother or sister….if cats [are] dropping [they're] rags for the sake of money. Can’t we come together for the sake of souls?”
- On His new album, The Missing Peace: “Sometimes we stress about bills. And we stress and we worry. And we worry because we don’t have the peace of God. Every song on the album is because I have the Peace of God in that area.”
- On His Skin Condition: That was one of the toughest things I have ever gone thru. Never have I wanted to die. Ever. Until then.”
- On the symptoms of his skin condition: “It go so bad that when I woke up in the morning, I couldn’t open my mouth. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t open my eyes bro!”
- On the emotional impact of his skin condition: “I had so many emotions. I felt like I was less than a man.”
- On What Defines success for him: “Success is accomplishing a goal. Simple as that….My initial goal for doing Christian Hip Hop Music [was] to either introduce someone to the Lord or re-establish or encourage someone in the Lord.”
- On Christians doing music or business without the goal of evangelizing: “If I wanted to start a clothing line and I just wanted to make socks, do they have to have scriptures on them?”
You can stream or download the interview below:
In our interview, we spoke with D-Maub about:
- (1:59) – What has changed in CHH over the Years and Unity in the Body
- (4:28) – The Concept behind “The Missing Peace”
- (7:00) – Wanting to die when D-Maub was dealing with his skin condition.
- (11:56) – D-Maub’s turning point in dealing with the skin condition
- (16:51) – The Physical Healing of D-Maub’s skin condition
- (19:38) – What Success Looks like for D-Maub
- (23:25) – Can a Christian just make music and God be cool with that?
- (30:49) – The Making of D-Maub’s “I’m Me” Music Video
- (37:56) – Books that Have Blessed D-Maub
- (40:33) – What’s next for One Route Entertainment
- (43:05) – D-Maub’s Contact Information
Please note: We reserve the right to delete comments that are mean-spirited, offensive, abusive or off-topic. If in doubt, please read Our Comments Policy.