Cross Movement: Why We Embraced the Christian Rapper Label (Video Interview)
On April 1, 2014, Phanatik announced on Facebook that he will reunite with Cross Movement members The Ambassador, T.R.U.-L.I.F.E. and Tonic for a reunion album hosted by DJ Don Cannon and produced by Just Blaze and 9th Wonder.
It was an April fool’s joke.
Luckily, Wade-O Radio had something nearly as a newsworthy on file, a video interview with three-quarters of Cross Movement—Phanatik, The Ambassador and T.R.U.-L.I.F.E. DJ Wade-O and David Daniels conducted the interview at Legacy 2013 in Chicago, so The Lost Files of Phanatic and Hors D’oeuvres which were previewed have been released. However, the knowledge the trio dropped on Christian hip hop and how to minister through it is timeless.
In this interview we spoke with Cross Movement about:
- [3:00] Phanatik’s Book “Art of Christianity”
- [4:20] Phanatik’s Lost Files Project (Download Here: http://bit.ly/1eNAZD0)
- [5:00] New Music from T.R.U. L.I.F.E.
- [7:10] New Music from The Ambassador
- [8:50] Purpose of The Ambassador’s new music
- [11:50] Public Interpretation of group’s intentions when group began
- [16:45] The “Four Quadrants” and where CM fell
- [21:00] Their title when dealing with labels
- [24:20] When did the quadrants “come into existence”.
- [25:40] Their Perception of the Westcoast Christian Hip-Hop movement
- [27:30] Switching of certain artists “roles”
- [28:40] Then West coast vs East coast “Philosophies”
- [36:20] The New Goals of CHH
- [39:40] God’s desires regarding our new mission
- [45:13] When did the desire for everything to have meaning begin?
- [50:40] THE Way to minister
Executive Produced by DJ Wade-O and JBTZ XCLSV
Footage Shot By JBTZ XCLSV
Video Edited by Craige Walkine
Audio Edited by JBTZ XCLSV
Graphic Design by JBTZ XCLSV
Motion Graphics by Mwita Chacha for Mwendo LLC