Xist Music has built one of the most diverse rosters in Christian Hip Hop Music scene. Starting with CEO, Sean Simmonds, and then adding veterans Da T.R.U.T.H. and The Ambassador in 2010. The indy label has also added Yaves, Jahaziel, Andale and NF during the past 18 months.
In part 1 of our 2-part interview with the label’s Co-Founder Sean Simmonds, we spoke to him about the early days of the label as well as making the tough call (at the time) of signing both Da T.R.U.T.H. and The Ambassador.
You can stream or download the interview below:
In Part 1, we spoke with Sean Simmonds about:
- (1:05): Xist Music’s busy 2012
- (2:18): Meeting Co-Founder T-Black in 2004
- (4:40): Pawing a car and selling a house to fund Xist
- (7:00): Xist’s first investor
- (9:08): Initially meeting Da T.R.U.T.H. & The Ambassador
- (12:59): Signing Da T.R.U.T.H. & The Ambassador
- (14:02): Da T.R.U.T.H. not wanting to do music after CMR
Please note: We reserve the right to delete comments that are mean-spirited, offensive, abusive or off-topic. If in doubt, please read Our Comments Policy.