A conversation with C.O. from the pioneering Christian rap group I.D.O.L. King
You may not know about I.D.O.L. King, but you should.
They’re one of our movement’s West Coast pioneers who:
- Performed gospel rap on BET back in 1997,
- Helped church folk understand and accept this redeemed culture, and
- Continue to put in studio work to this day.
Now, in this never-before-seen interview, you’ll get to listen in on a conversation between Sketch the Journalist and C.O. (one of the group’s mic men) as they discuss:
- The 20th anniversary of the release of I.D.O.L. King’s Explosion 126.96.36.199. album
- What exactly the “I.D.O.L.” in their name stands for (hint, it’s probably not what you’re thinking)
- Black pride in the church
- Why they made Christian apologetics a part of their music